4R-1 The E-Type
The 4R-1 E-Type is a no-nonsense, single-pickup, single-cutaway guitar and is StoryWood’s entry model - but only entry-level in price. Our take on the traditional slab-bodied T-style, the 4R-1’s minimalist approach puts the focus on playing.
Starting with a slightly thinner reclaimed heart-pine body, we add your choice of a gritty but warm P90, a punchy and bold T90, or your favorite flavor of humbucker in the bridge position, an appropriate Hipshot hardtail or T-style bridge, Hipshot open gear tuners, volume, tone cut and bass cut controls. Built with a reclaimed maple neck with your choice of reclaimed maple fingerboard or reclaimed tropical wood fingerboard (variety of species to choose from).
All StoryWood guitars come with our special easy-access neck heel, or can be made with a standard 4-bolt neck plate and square heel upon request.
4R-1 Standard Specs:
- Body - Reclaimed heart pine or similar thin T-style with easy-access neck heel
- Neck - Reclaimed maple with reclaimed maple or reclaimed tropical wood fingerboard, 22 frets (Jescar), 12" radius, 25.5" scale
- Bridge - Hipshot 6-saddle Contour hardtail or Hipshot T-style bridge with compensated brass saddles
- Pickups - 1 bridge pickup - choice of P90, tele bridge or humbucker
- Tuning Machines - Hipshot open gear
- Controls - Volume and Tone
- Thinline body construction
- Additional pickup configurations - turn this E-Type in to a T-Type, or use any pickup config you want!
- Book-matched reclaimed figured wood top
- Tummy cut/forearm contour
Call us at 919-946-4700 or email us at email@example.com and hit us up with all the questions you have!
It is amazing how many sounds and tones that can be coaxed out of a single pickup guitar - from picking-hand placement alone! Our 4R-1E-Type can be configured with a full control set consisting of:
- Volume and Treble Cut/Bass Cut circuit - Instead of a "tone" knob, we can wire in a treble cut and bass cut circuit allowing much more complete tonal adjustment. Roll back the treble for typical high-end cut, and roll back the bass for added jangle. Alternatively, set your amp for full tone at the 80% bass cut point, then roll in full bass tone for solos - almost like a passive boost!
- 3-Way tone switching - We also offer a 3-way switch that provides three distinct sound settings from a single pickup - standard tone, cocked-wah filtered tone, and straight-to-output-jack fire-breathing full-pickup output.
HipShot open-gear tuners
We're big fans of Hipshot gear. Made in the US, these tuning machines hold tune very well, have smooth gearing and look amazing with exposed brass gears. Locking open-gear tuners are also available.
easy-access neck heel
Your guitar comes with our special neck heel that provides much easier access to high frets by getting some wood out of your way.